Tuesday, September 26, 2006

If you want to join them, beat them

Okay, this is probably a less well known version of that famous saying. For the second week in a row I defeated a master in the Tuesday Night Marathon at Mechanics Institute. This time I beat my 25.5 move win last week with 16.5 move win this week, that's some efficient disposal of masters. Considering in the FIDE rated tournament I played recently in I had a few wins over 70 moves, this is a nice change of pace. I actually spotted a reasonably nice tactical justification (which my opponent blundered into) for a positional move I wanted to play that won the game for me (even he my opponent didn't blunder, my position was quite good). So even with my mixed results lately I still manage to put together some reasonable results. I need to start drilling my tactics more though as I've missed some pathetically easy stuff (even if I found a decent shot today).

No comments: