Monday, August 07, 2006

Vladimir Pufnitieff Memorial

I haven't blogged in a while, mostly due to being busy and lazier with my free time now. I've been playing pleanty of chess with mixed results. I am taking part in an ongoing tournament that hasn't been too successful, but nothing too disasterous either. This weekend's tournament went fairly well though. I played chess I could for the most part be happy with other than a silly blunder in round 3 that I recovered from to draw that game against a 2000ish player. I won rounds 1, 2, and 4 in a simply fashion I could be happy with and round 5 I drew against Batchimeg Tuvshintugs (2300ish) to tie for 2nd place overall. I was a little unhappy with my 5th round game in that I misplayed the move order and got no advantage at all. I had one opportunity later to generate some winning chances, but I guess I felt some positional pressure and decided to liquidate into an endgame (pawn down) I was pretty sure I could draw. Overall a good result.

Rating Change Estimate: 2125->2135

No comments: