Sunday, April 02, 2006

Playoff Results

Well, overall I think I played well today. In the first game I was killing my opponent but since a draw sealed the match for us I took a repetition. In the second game I also had a clear advantage, at least +/- and missing moves that would've made it +-, but instead first I missed tactics that let me get material to go with my positional advantage. I then blundered and was down a pawn with some drawing chances (which would have drawn the match). Then I found a nice trick to win an exchange for another pawn which in the endgame gave me great chances to draw, but unfortunately with only 2 minutes to play it out I couldn't hold. I'm not happy with my results as a win from me would've won the match. Oh well, what can I do now. Back to hours of CT art for "punishment".

No comments: