Saturday, March 04, 2006

Double-edged fun / US Championship Games

So chess club was legendary last night. We went from 8pm to almost 2am and continued throughout the night to get quite drunk which is why I don't feel so well today, but drinking is always a doubled edged activity. I wanted to use this experience as a prelude into my thoughts on one of the games I predicted for this last round Kreiman - Novikov. I had definitely seen Kreiman play the pin variation of the Sicilian before (1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 e6 3. d4 cd 4. Nd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 Bb4) so I knew he was willing to play lines with weaker reputations for attacking chances. Actually, I was surprised he played Bg5 against the Najdorf, I intuitively took him for a player that would play Sozin-Fischer lines, but these still have the same kind of problems which is they require you to play incredibly accurate or you can easily be worse as white. So anyways, I thought I'd include the game here. I've also included some brief notes to Friedel - De Firmian.

The games are here.

No comments: