Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Week 7 Tuesday Night Marathon Game

Well, I continued my winning ways this week. My opponent played a dubious move in the opening and he soon found his knight trapped. Second week in a row I was up a piece by move 20, this time my opponent played on, I will say my technique was not optimal, but I don't think the win was every in question. This puts me at 6.5/7 for a full point lead on the field going into the last round. I will likely face a weak expert or A player in the last round and I have the white pieces so the situation is definitely good. I would like to win the game anyways, but I won't be doing anything too stupid hopefully. I leave for Reno on Thursday night to play in the Western States Open so hopefully I can continue my winning ways in the open section there, if not, at least it will be good experience.

No comments: